Job Title: Corporate Paralegal
Reports To: General Counsel & Chief Risk Officer
Job Type: Full Time/ Exempt
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Summary: This position will assist the legal team in managing corporate contracts to include reviewing, developing, and revising contract terms and obligations.
Job Functions & Duties:
- Drafts simple form documents, including amendments and addenda.
- Serves as the central point of contact for internal personnel regarding contractual activities from inception to completion, including customer, vendor and other service provider contracts, non-disclosure agreements and other legal documents.
- Organizes and maintains legal files consistent with standard legal file set-up practices.
- Conducts legal research on a variety of topics to include contract administration and compliance.
- Maintains a high degree of discretion and confidentiality.
- Protects company assets through the proper management of asset files and adherence to company policy with regard to information security and management.
- BA/BS degree, licensed paralegal preferred.
- 2-5 years of in-house and/or law firm experience working with SEC reporting and basic commercial contracts.
- Experience with managing the annual filings process.
- Experience with shareholder relations.
- Experience with Wdesk a plus.
- Highly motivated with ability to work independently.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills.
- Strong research and organizational skills.
- Willingness to take on new assignments.
- Ability to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Experience using legal database software.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Quality-oriented - demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness and attention-to-detail.
Benefits & Perks:
- Highly-competitive salary
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- 401k match
- Flexible hours
- Telecommute options
- Casual attire
- Continuous education programs
- Gym membership reimbursement