Priority Payment Systems-Operations
The Credit Underwriter position is an entry-level position, perfect for a recent grad who is looking to get their foot in the door with a reputable and fast-growing company, in an even faster growing industry. A prior understanding of economics, banking and/or finance, a keen eye for detail, and a highly driven work ethic is all that is truly required.
2. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Analyze credit information to determine risk involved in establishing credit for new merchants
- Financial Analysis of merchant and bank statements
- Understand and read Credit reports
- Analyze merchant account parameters
- Review Sales Channel for compliance accuracy
- Investigate and thoroughly review information presented for compliance purposes
- Provide ongoing training of credit policy for merchant sales channels
- Comply with and enforce company policies and procedures
3. GENERAL QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
- Excellent management, communication, interpersonal, organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal
- Ability to thoroughly review documents
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Industry knowledge
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; able to handle a situation under pressure and find a solution; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Ability to receive and analyze data and input data into the computer.
- Must be able to receive and understand instructions, and carry out those instructions.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 2-4 year College Degree
Traditional Physical Requirements:
- Requires prolonged sitting, standing, bending, stooping and stretching.
- Requires the ability to lift 10 pounds.
- Requires eye-hand coordination, manual dexterity and a normal range of hearing and vision (with or without correction).
Job Status: Full Time