Priority Payment Systems-PPS
We are seeking an experienced Credit Underwriter to support the Underwriting Department. Working with our valued partners to attain complete application packages is imperative to the success of the organization, thorough examination of applications, and completeness of work is essential to success of the Merchant Underwriter
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Analyze credit information to determine risk involved in establishing credit for new merchants
- Financial Analysis of merchant and bank statements
- Understand and read Credit reports
- Analyze merchant account parameters
- Review Sales Channel for compliance accuracy
- Investigate and thoroughly review information presented for compliance purposes
- Provide ongoing training of credit policy for merchant sales channels
- Comply with and enforce company policies and procedures
GENERAL QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
- Excellent management, communication, interpersonal, organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal
- Ability to thoroughly review documents
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Industry knowledge
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; able to handle a situation under pressure and find a solution; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Ability to receive and analyze data and input data into the computer.
- Must be able to receive and understand instructions, and carry out those instructions.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 2-4 year College Degree with 1-2 years or work experience in a related working field.
Traditional Physical Requirements:
- Requires prolonged sitting, standing, bending, stooping and stretching.
- Requires the ability to lift 10 pounds.
- Requires eye-hand coordination, manual dexterity and a normal range of hearing and vision (with or without correction).
Job Status: Full Time