Job Title: Custodian/ Janitor
Location: Alpharetta, GA 30004
Maintain a safe and healthy professional environment for our employees. Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of offices, desks, dusting, cleaning appliances, common areas and outdoor areas.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Use proper techniques with the cleaning inside/outside of buildings, which includes floors, carpet, walls, glass windows, ceilings, restrooms and patio/walk areas.
- Use proper techniques in moving equipment, furniture and supplies weighing up to fifty pounds and ask for assistance with items weighing over fifty pounds.
- Use safe techniques in light maintenance tasks such as painting, changing of globes, installing dispensers, carpentry and adjusting or repairing lockers.
- Use safe and proper work/cleaning techniques including the usage of all inside/outside power equipment needed to support the program.
- Maintain and properly use personal protective equipment - Reports all accidents to the manager.
- Assist with special projects, duties, as requested/assigned by, facility administration and/or Director for Custodial Services.
- Report to work on time.
- Understand the importance of keeping a neat working environment.
- Perform all other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Perform maintenance and minor repairs (replacing broken switches, fixing door handles, paint touch-ups, minor leaks, changing light bulbs, etc.).
- Knowledge of minor repair techniques and building and grounds maintenance.
- Ability to operate carpet extractor, floor buffers, and various cleaning equipment.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment screening.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to understand instructions and communicate in basic English.
- Fluent use of communication tools email, texting, and phone calls.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds without assistance.
- Ability to properly handle cleaning supplies.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED); or one month related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- janitorial: 1 year (Preferred)
- general maintenance 1 year
- US Citizen or Green Card Holder (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Employee discounts