Job Title: Database Administrator
Reports To: VP of Cloud Platforms (Managed by Team Lead)
Job Type: Full Time/ Exempt
Location: Local OR Remote
The Database Administrator (DBA) is responsible for providing technical support for the database environment including assisting the development and organization of the databases and implementation of new technologies. It is extremely important to the company that on-line processing database systems offer the highest reliability and performance possible.
Job Functions & Duties:
- Reviews service related reports (e.g: database backups, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved within established SLAs.
- Respond to database related alerts and escalations and work with database engineering to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems.
- Works with database engineering to develop ongoing assessments of database performance and identify problem areas.
- Works with database engineering to develop and enforce a security scheme for the database environment.
- Provides ad hoc reports to operations upon request.
- 3-5 years IT operation with strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Minimum 3-5 years Microsoft SQL Server experience
- SQL Server 2008-2016
- Database Administration, Tuning, Management, Security
- SQL Server Reporting Services
- BE or BS Degree in one of the following subject areas: Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Technology or related field preferred
- Understanding of, and experience with, server-client computing and relational database environments
- Experience with data management and data processing flowcharting techniques
- Knowledge of reporting and query tools and practices
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
- Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Technical documentation skills
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Self motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Strong ability and desire to learn
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to write, optimize and troubleshoot Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views, Indexed Views, etc.
- Experience with High Availability (Always On/Log Shipping)
- Knowledge of Indexes and Index Management
- Ability to use Performance Monitor to gather Metrics to define baselines
- Experience using SQL Profiler and examining Execution Plans
- SSRS Administration and Configuration
- Certification is a plus; MCTS or MCITP or MVP
- Must be ok to work on call 24-7 rotation
- SSIS Development and Deployment
- Database Assemblies and CLR Knowledge
Benefits & Perks:
- Highly-competitive salary
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- 401k match
- Continuous education programs
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Opportunity to experience the latest tech