Reports to: VP of Cloud Platforms
Location: Alpharetta, GA (temporarily remote)
The Database Administrator (DBA) is responsible for providing technical support for the database environment including assisting the development and organization of the databases and implementation of new technologies. It is extremely important to the company that on-line processing database systems offer the highest reliability and performance possible.
JOB FUNCTIONS & DUTIES:
- Reviews service-related reports (e.g: database backups, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure service-related issues are identified and resolved within established SLAs.
- Respond to database related alerts and escalations and work with database engineering to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems.
- Works with database engineering to develop ongoing assessments of database performance and identify problem areas.
- Works with database engineering to develop and enforce a security scheme for the database environment.
- BE or BS Degree in one of the following subject areas: Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Technology or related field preferred.
- 3-5 years IT operation with strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Minimum 3-5 years Microsoft SQL Server experience.
- SQL Server 2012-2016.
- Database Administration, Tuning, Management, Security.
- SQL Server Integration Services.
- SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Experience with High Availability (Always On/Log Shipping).
- Understanding of, and experience with, server-client computing and relational database environments.
- Experience with data management and data processing flowcharting techniques.
- Knowledge of reporting and query tools and practices.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Technical documentation skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Strong root cause analysis.
- Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Strong ability and desire to learn.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to write, optimize and troubleshoot Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views, Indexed Views, etc.
- Ability to work towards proactive solutions.
- Knowledge of Indexes and Index Management.
- Ability to use Performance Monitor to gather Metrics to define baselines.
- Experience using SQL Profiler and examining Execution Plans.
- SSRS Administration and Configuration.
- Must be ok to work on call 24-7 rotation.
- SSIS Development and Deployment.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Highly-competitive salary
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- 401k match
- Bonus structure
- Continuing education programs
- Gym membership reimbursement