Director of Accounting
Priority Payment Systems-Accounting & Finance
The Director for Accounting will be over the corporate accounting department for Priority Technology Holdings. Also handling Financial Reporting functions and financial services area including credit, A/R and A/P.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct the day-to-day operations of the Corporate accounting department.
- Manage monthly, quarterly, and year-end close processes, including close calendars and checklist, approval of journal entries and account reconciliations, and delegation of duties to senior and staff accountants.
- Maintain chart of accounts and financial reporting structure and produce consolidated financial statements for internal and external purposes.
- Develop and maintain accounting policies and procedures across the company; ensure that company financial records are maintained in compliance with company policies and US GAAP.
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley relative to financial controls: define key controls, maintain process narratives, and oversee periodic testing of controls.
- Coordinate and manage all work relating to both internal and external audits and periodic reviews of the company’s financial records. Ensure implementation of agreed upon recommendations resulting from the audit findings.
- Continually seek opportunities to streamline, improve and automate existing systems and processes.
- Responsible for working with other departments, including business unit management, Finance, Tax, Treasury, Human Resources, Legal, Technology and Operations to achieve company objectives and ensure financial information is properly captured and reported.
- Manage the integration of accounting functions, processes and systems for newly acquired businesses to ensure a timely and effective transition.
- Ensure the accounting department is staffed with qualified financial personnel capable of meeting objectives and responsibilities, noted above. Responsible for continued development of these associates.
- Undergraduate Degree in Accounting plus CPA certification
- 10+ years of combined Public Accounting and Private Industry accounting experience required. Manager experience in public accounting will satisfy experience requirement.
- Prior management responsibility required.
- Demonstrated ability to form, lead and develop high-performing teams.
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions.
- Comprehensive knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls and financial reporting required.
- Focus on results, mindful of deadlines and keen attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills are mandatory.
Job Status: Full Time