Director of Card Brand Compliance
Title: Director of Card Brand Compliance
Reports to: SVP of Compliance & Risk Audit
Location: Hicksville, NY OR Alpharetta, GA
The Director of Compliance function assists management in fulfilling their duty of compliance. The function provides a broad range of regulatory and compliance services and advice to the merchant services, issuer and ACH lines of business. Services include regulatory analysis of transactions and activities, formulation of regulatory and control policy, assistance in risk assessment, and new product development and implementation, assistance in the education of staff in regard to compliance policy and procedure, management of PCI compliance, and merchant reporting.
JOB FUNCTIONS & DUTIES:
- Performing the role of Director of Compliance for the company's merchant services, issuer and ACH line of business.
- Act as liaison to Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, NACHA, sponsor banks, regulators, business partners and external industry organizations.
- Create rules, processes, controls, reporting to ensure compliance with Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, NACHA and sponsor banks.
- Provision of proactive advice to business management in the development of policies and procedures for the merchant services, issuer and ACH lines of business, designed to achieve and ensure compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements.
- Promoting a strong Compliance culture, establishing Compliance priorities with senior management and communicating these priorities effectively.
- Interpret and develop policies and procedures that conform with the latest regulations to assure overall organization compliance.
- Prepare compliance materials and updates senior Management as needed/required
- Conduct an annual Compliance Assessment to verify policies and procedures conform to the latest regulations.
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of compliance training.
- Identify and investigate potential rule breaches, and participate in the implementation of mitigating controls, as needed/required.
- Advice in respect of handling of errors, client complaints, potential rule breaches, etc.
- Provide input into new business initiative approvals involving business operations, assessing compliance/regulatory issues/impact of proposed new products and services.
- Liaison with internal and external auditors and assist in managing responses and actioning compliance issues raised in audit reports and risk assessment reviews.
- Keeping abreast of industry trends and “hot issues” and anticipating areas of focus and attention of regulators, keeping business management and compliance colleagues informed.
- Coordinating and working as part of the company's compliance teams.
- Review and approve marketing materials and communications that are related to the business to ensure compliance with applicable rules and regulations.
- Develop and implement compliance programs, including policies and procedures.
- Perform industry bench-marking and recommendations, and research new industry initiatives
- Strong knowledge of U.S. payments regulations and all related rules, guidelines and laws; previous interaction with a regulatory body.
- Extensive payments industry experience with a good working knowledge of payments products.
- Bachelor's degree in related field required or equivalent industry experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in compliance working in the payments industry.
- At least 5 years working and communicating directly with Card Brand, sponsor banks, federal and state regulators.
- Attention to detail and control/quality awareness; good organizational and planning skills; experience and capability in developing policies and previous as well as competency in compliance training.
- Good interpersonal skills, especially the ability to communicate effectively at all levels, internally and externally, e.g. regulators, business managers, audit, risk management, legal and other line of business and compliance colleagues.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Highly-competitive salary
- Bonus structure
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Unlimited PTO after year 1
- 401k match
- Gym membership reimbursement