Director of Financial Reporting
Job Title: Direct of Financial Reporting
Reports to: SVP Corporate Controller
Location: Alpharetta (temporarily remote)
This role is responsible for navigating complex accounting matters, transactions and adoptions of new accounting standards for the Company. This position is responsible for the Company’s quarterly, annual and periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, as well as maintaining effective internal controls over financial reporting.
This role will partner with teams across the Company, including finance and accounting, operations, legal and risk management, technology, and mergers and acquisitions to address both day-to-day accounting and financial reporting matters, as well as unique transactions that may arise. Additionally, this position will be highly visible and have direct contact with senior management.
Given the breadth of our work and growth initiatives, this position will participate in various due diligence efforts, as well as assess the accounting implications, for proposed business combinations, asset acquisitions, debt modifications, equity offerings, and other significant transactions the Company may engage in from time to time. This role will lead the efforts to integrate necessary aspects of the accounting and financial reporting processes upon the execution of such transactions.
JOB FUNCTIONS & DUTIES:
- Direct and oversee the financial reporting activities of the Company, including the preparation of quarterly, annual and periodic SEC filings.
- Research, analyze and assess complex accounting matters and transactions, as well as adoption of new accounting standards; prepare required technical memorandums and implement necessary ongoing processes and procedures to address such matters and/or transactions.
- Coordinate regularly with the finance and accounting teams on accounting policies and procedures, monthly general ledger and consolidation processes, financial review and analysis, and reporting and disclosure requirements.
- Participate as needed in due diligence efforts surrounding proposed transactions; assess accounting and financial reporting matters that arise from completed transactions.
- Lead integration efforts around accounting and financial reporting for completed transactions.
- Advise and lead process, controls and changes to maintain compliance with the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Lead coordination of the quarterly reviews and annual audit with the external auditors.
- 10 or more years of recent public accounting experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Master’s Degree in Accounting or Tax.
- Certified Public Accountant.
- Significant technical accounting expertise.
- Extensive involvement with business combinations and disposals, debt and equity offerings, impairment and valuation techniques, revenue recognition and equity compensation.
- Experience with quarterly, annual and periodic filings with the SEC.
- Familiarity with requirements and standards for internal controls under Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Work effectively in a team environment, manage several projects simultaneously, and establish priorities.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to operate effectively even when information may be incomplete or limited.
- Ability to work well with others and understand business processes.
- Ability to improve upon existing processes and procedures and thrive in a rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, with ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Highly motivated.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Highly-competitive salary
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- 401k match
- Unlimited PTO after year 1
- Continuous education programs
- Gym membership reimbursement