Director of Financial Reporting
Job Title: Direct of Financial Reporting
Reports to: SVP Corporate Controller
Location: Alpharetta (temporarily remote)
Responsible for an efficient month-end close process with C-suite visibility in preparing consolidated financial statements, not limited to audit compliance, monthly internal reporting, and quarterly and annual external reporting to the Securities and Exchange Commission, including drafting the Form 10-Q, Form 10-K, and other SEC filing documents. This is a critical and highly visible financial reporting position that is also responsible for technical accounting and financial reporting research. Strong writing skills are critical, as this position will be composing technical research memoranda, and drafting the Management’s Discussion and Analysis in the Form 10-Q and Form 10-K.
This role requires a collaborative cross-functional effort to drive month end close efficiencies, accounting system consolidation and is expected to lead key projects. Due to the breadth of our work and growth initiatives, cross-functional collaboration, partnership and communication are highly valued. Ideally, this person has demonstrated prior experience in a similar role or has public accounting experience auditing such functions. This person will work in a lean and results oriented environment in a highly visible role and direct contact with the Company’s Senior Management.
Job Functions & Duties:
- Oversight of month end close activities, posting of journal entries and reconciliations of accounts
- Perform monthly consolidation process including intercompany accounting
- Prepare financial reporting package, including financial analysis and financial statements
- Key contributor to annual audit, including oversight of company books and records, compliance with accounting policies and procedures
- Lead small team and closely collaborate with shared services, payroll, and business unit accounting teams
- Other duties as assigned
- 6 - 10 or more years of progressive experience in financial reporting and accounting, with financial technology (FinTech) experience preferred. An equivalent amount of progressive experience in public accounting would also be acceptable.
- Experience with SEC Filings and Technical accounting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Master’s Degree in Accounting or Tax.
- Certified Public Accountant.
- Knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls and financial reporting.
- Work effectively in a team environment, manage several projects simultaneously, and set priorities.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient at Office, and advanced Excel skills.
- Able to operate effectively even when information may be incomplete or limited.
- Ability to work well with others and understand business processes.
- Ability to improve upon existing processes and procedures and thrive in a rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, with ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Highly motivated.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Highly-competitive salary
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- 401k match
- Continuous education programs
- Gym membership reimbursement