Director of Merchant Operations
The Client Experience Team is responsible for understanding the activities and goals of Priority’s client partners; then effectively provide guidance, allocate resources & educate cross-departmental team members. You will help lead and manage projects in a matrix style environment, providing support to both clients and executives. You will work closely with business development and have client-facing opportunities to develop solutions and make a significant impact across the entire sales organization.
The Director of Merchant Operations will take part in collaborating with merchant-facing teams to identify gaps and improve support. You will be responsible for driving major cross-functional projects to roll out new products, services, and features to our customers. You will use analytical modeling and run scenarios to understand the drivers behind our KPIs, and use data to proactively identify and solve issues at their core.
You will become the subject matter expert on merchant operational excellence and drive a merchant-first perspective throughout the organization to improve retention, and build a deep understanding of the ways in which we need to differentiate ourselves in the marketplace.
JOB FUNCTIONS & DUTIES:
- Prioritize initiative and goals from merchant first principles.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement with discipline around end-to-end workflow and process management; review and recommend operational systems and procedure enhancements as needed to meet scaling demands.
- Identify root cause and drivers of KPI performance; use the intel to improve merchant operations and make data-driven recommendations to cross-functional stakeholders.
- Reduce merchant attrition due to operational and service challenges.
- Monitor and act upon competitive insight, trends and market activities.
- Manage operational tests and articulate results to all stakeholders.
- 3-5 years of experience in a merchant services organization in a sales support or operations role.
- Experience dealing with a variety of complex issues is essential.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment & partner with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to clearly understand merchant needs, willingness to debate difficult issues and how to validate the appropriateness of a solution.
- Deep understanding and subject matter expertise in payment solutions, payment gateways, and overall credit card transaction flows, including both traditional platforms and modern API platforms.
- Proven communication skills, both verbal and written, with ability to present to varied and large audiences, including executive leadership, as a Subject Matter Expert.
- Self-starter with strong initiative and drive to complete tasks quickly, independently, efficiently with the highest quality.
- A great attitude, an open mind, an eagerness to learn and a willingness to take initiative, no matter the task, is a top requirement.
- A 4 year BS degree or equivalent experience.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Highly-competitive salary
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Unlimited PTO after year 1
- 401k Match
- Education Expense Reimbursement
- Gym Membership Reimbursement