Job Title: Division Controller
Reports to: SVP Corporate Controller
Job Type: Full time/ Exempt
Location: Alpharetta (temporarily remote)
The Division Controller of Commercial Payments and Integrated Partners will be responsible for an efficient month-end close process, monthly internal reporting, and maintenance of a Sarbanes-Oxley compliant control environment.
Reporting to the Chief Accounting Officer, this role requires a collaborative cross-functional effort to drive month end close efficiencies, evaluate divisional financial performance, identify financial risks and develop appropriate action plans, support business management with customer contractual terms and pricing, generate financial reports to support business management and Corporate SEC reporting, and develop annual budgets and ongoing analysis of actual results. Due to the breadth of our work and growth initiatives, cross-functional collaboration, partnership and communication are highly valued. Ideally, this person has demonstrated prior experience in a similar role or has public accounting experience auditing such functions. This person will work in a lean and results oriented environment with a highly visible role and direct contact with the Company’s Senior Management.
Job Functions & Duties:
- Oversight of month end close activities, posting of journal entries and reconciliations of accounts.
- Perform monthly accounting close process.
- Prepare financial reporting packages, including financial analysis and divisional financial statements.
- Key contributor to annual audit, including oversight of divisional books and records, compliance with accounting policies and procedures.
- Interact with a small team and closely collaborate with shared services, payroll, and business unit accounting teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4 - 6 or more years of progressive experience in financial reporting and accounting, with financial technology (FinTech) experience preferred. An equivalent amount of progressive experience in public accounting would also be acceptable.
- Work effectively in a team environment, manage several projects simultaneously, and set priorities.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls and financial reporting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Master’s Degree in Accounting or Tax.
- Certified Public Accountant.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient at Office, and advanced Excel skills.
- Able to operate effectively even when information may be incomplete or limited.
- Ability to work well with others and understand business processes.
- Ability to improve upon existing processes and procedures and thrive in a rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, with ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Highly motivated.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Highly-competitive salary
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- 401k match
- Continuing education programs
- Gym membership reimbursement