Manager of Software Development
As the Manager of Software Development you will apply your extensive knowledge of the full SDLC to manage development efforts required to support all applications. This will include overseeing design, development, testing, and documentation efforts within software applications, operating systems, and environments to maintain the highest level of customer satisfaction.
JOB FUNCTIONS & DUTIES:
- Lead the development of current and long term solutions.
- Build strong, diverse teams with capabilities to effectively handle departmental responsibilities.
- Regularly interact and partner with both peers and senior management to understand company and departmental objectives.
- Recognize business risks and trends that will impact performance goals and take action to align plans and resources to accommodate changing demands.
- Enhance development services by establishing metrics, analyzing processes, utilizing customer feedback, implementing standard methodologies and best practices to ensure high-quality deliverables that are on time and within budget.
- Conduct timely individual, team, and department meetings to communicate procedural changes, division and corporate updates, project status information, goals, objectives, and performance expectations.
- Coach and mentor for performance excellence; provide timely and effective recognition; resolve problems as they arise and effectively administer corrective action when necessary; identify and support developmental opportunities to encourage employee learning and growth.
- Accountable for decision-making, team performance, achievement of metrics goals, and adherence to departmental procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, or related field.
- Recent coding experience using React (expect to be hands on 40%-60%).
- 10 years of professional experience within Software Development or related industry.
- 5 years of experience managing software development teams.
- 3 years of experience working in a MERN Stack Environment.
- 3 years of experience with Unit Testing (React/ Node).
- Extensive experience with product delivery.
- Experience managing high performing teams.
- Extensive knowledge of the SDLC and deployment practices.
- Proven history of management by metrics.
- Demonstrated conflict management and delegation skills.
- Proven ability to drive high levels of engagement within team and organization.
- Experience at working both independently and in a collaborative environment.
- Significant personal drive supported by a passion for software quality, product support and customer satisfaction.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Highly-competitive salary
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Unlimited PTO after year 1
- 401k Match
- Education Expense Reimbursement
- Gym Membership Reimbursement