Partner Compensation Manager
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Partner Compensation Manager is the dedicated to support all aspects of the residual calculation and analysis for the sales channel, independent sales offices and executive partners. This role will be primary responsible for performing high-level trend analyses on large sets of residual data provided by First Data and TSYS. This role will also be responsible for analyzing and implementing required technical updates in a SQL Server environment. The manager will oversee a team of commissions analysts responsible for completing data entry tasks, answering commission-related inquiries, and presenting reporting on individual responsibilities. This role will also work closely with IT to resolve compensation calculation errors and complete data mapping items as needed. Other responsibilities include handling escalated commission inquiries, provide assistance in the implementation of new programs, and collaborate with other team managers as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to lead and manage a high performing team, ensuring all cyclical tasks are completed accurately & timely
- Analyze and review high-level metrics to identify payment trends and ensure compensation calculations are accurate
- Ability to manipulate, validate and organize large amounts of data for internal and external payments
- Collaborate with Finance and Accounting on various AP/AR activities including, but not limited to, accrual and financial trend analyses
- Identify and implement improvements to departmental processes
- Review and approve schedule A changes for agent offices
- Ability to generate ad hoc reporting and improve current reporting models/methods
- Ability to observe, test, and implement code changes in a SQL Server database environment
- Facilitate process flow redesign and streamline associated data manipulation tasks
- Provide analysis on potential Schedule A changes to report all possible results of changes for the company and agent offices
- Works closely with Finance, Accounting and other teams on various KPIs, dashboard reporting and other analytic tools to provide relevant, accurate data
- Review process workflow to ensure quality and adherence to internal and SOX standards
- Comply with and enforce company policies and procedures
- Report findings of analyses to all management levels on Monthly, Quarterly, and Annual basis
- Must be highly motivated, and have the ability to work independently.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
- Self-Starter with the ability to work on multiple processes and suggest process improvements.
- Exhibit the ability to trouble shoot and resolve issues in a timely and consistent manner.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; able to handle a situation under pressure and find a solution
- Must be able to receive and understand instructions, and carry out those instructions.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Access, SQL Server Management Studio
Education and Experience Requirements:
Preferred BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics. Required Intermediate Level experience on SQL queries, stored procedures, views and 7+ years of work experience in an accounting, finance, or analyst role or related experience. Payment experience preferred.
Job Status: Full Time