Product Owner-Commercial Payments
Job Title: Product Owner
Reports to: VP, Product-Commercial Payments
As Product Owner, you will “own” a product and be responsible for coordinating the efforts to deliver a highly functional product and ensure its continued success. Along with the Product Manager, you’ll review the company objectives and initiatives to create the product’s roadmap. You’ll turn higher level functional requirements into detailed technical requirements so the Development and QA team clearly understand the objective of the story.
You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work closely with the engineering team to define product release requirements but you’ll also need to work with subject matter experts within the business. You will attend agile team meetings to ensure the blockers are eliminated and that the agreed upon course is being followed.
JOB FUNCTIONS & DUTIES:
- Working closely with Product Management to create the backlog and ensure it is prioritized according to company goals and initiatives.
- Directing the Agile Development teams by providing thorough, detailed requirements and providing a vision of the Product’s future.
- Participates and sometimes leads agile ceremonies and meetings such as daily scrums, sprint planning meetings, sprint reviews and retrospectives.
- Acting as primary point person for Development and QA teams to clarify questions and concerns as it pertains to the sprint work.
- Ensuring blockers are eliminated and enough work is prepared at all times.
- Ensuring issues/bugs get fixed in a timely manner.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in business analysis or agile environments.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and quantitative skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects/initiatives simultaneously and achieve targeted completion dates.
- Process improvement orientation. A proven ability to recommend solutions, champion change, manage implementation, influence others, and foster teamwork.
- Must know the basics of Microsoft Office and the Google Suite of products, including but not limited to email, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Must be able to resolve problems on a daily basis, handle conflict and make effective decisions under pressure.
- Must be able to receive and analyze data.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Highly-competitive salary
- Bonus structure
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Unlimited PTO after year 1
- 401k match
- Continuing education programs
- Gym membership reimbursement