The Scrum Master will be responsible for facilitating daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospective meetings. The ideal candidate shall possess strong interpersonal communication and facilitation skills, be detail-oriented, thorough and results-focused.
JOB FUNCTIONS & DUTIES:
- Organize and conduct daily Stand-Up meetings.
- Manage sprint planning and execution which includes the management of project progress and while providing status.
- Participate in release planning and scheduling by providing empirical Scrum team statistics, identifying project dependencies, and creating velocity forecasts.
- Ensure high throughput of development teams by identifying potential issues and roadblocks.
- Work with Product Management, Engineering and Quality Assurance teams to plan ahead and ensure product backlog is prioritized, groomed, and has sufficient detail.
- Identify and manage cross-team dependencies.
- Facilitate issue resolution within the team.
- Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related software engineering discipline, or equivalent.
- 2 to 5 years planning, product and/or project management experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate actively and proactively with others in a cross-functional team.
- Knowledge of agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum and Kanban.
- Basic knowledge of software development processes and procedures.
- knowledge of Agile techniques a Plus (like: User Stories, Continuous Integration, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games).
Compensation & Benefits:
- Highly-competitive salary
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- 401k Match
- PTO: Unlimited after year 1 (3 weeks to start)
- Education Expense Reimbursement
- Gym Membership Reimbursement