Job Title: Senior Accountant
Reports to: Direct of Accounting
Job Type: Non-Exempt
We are seeking an experienced and detail-oriented Senior Accountant to join our accounting team. You will verify financial records and transactions, prepare and review monthly account reconciliations, prepare budgets and forecasts for Corporate shared services, assist with external quarterly reviews and annual audit, as well as ensure compliance with established internal controls.
Job Functions & Duties:
- Capitalize software development cost in accordance with ASC985 & ASC350.
- Review invoices for correct coding and duration to prepare prepaid schedule and record amortization of expenses.
- Maintain all fixed assets; tracking, recording, and disposition.
- Calculate and record interest, debt issuance costs, current/non-current liabilities.
- Prepare account reconciliations and variance analysis with explanations.
- Manage general ledger and execute accurate month end close according to the close schedule.
- Assist with year-end audit request and generate work papers.
- Prepare forecasts and working draft of annual budget for Corporate shared services.
- Assist with coaching, training, and development of staff accountants.
- Identify and implement changes to improve efficiencies and streamline processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, or related field.
- 4 years of experience as an accountant.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and accounting software; Strong Excel skills.
- Proficient in NetSuite.
- Experience in Financial analysis.
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost accounting and cost control principles.
- Advanced knowledge of US GAAP and accounting best practices.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license desired.
- Strong time management and change agility skills with the ability to prioritize workload, meet tight deadlines and adapt to a growing and changing environment.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to define and communicate business issues, with experience building close cross-functional relationships and engaging management.
- Analytical with strong attention to detail.
- Able to keep certain information highly confidential.
- Open minded and flexible.
Benefits & Perks:
- Highly-competitive salary
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- 401k match
- Continuing education programs
- Gym membership reimbursement