Reports To: Controller/ Accounting Manager
The Senior Accountant position will support accounting and financial reporting for Priority Technology Holdings, focusing on our Commercial and Enterprise Payments segments. This position will give the right individual the opportunity to see many areas of accounting and set them up with a solid foundation for success as they grow their accounting career. This role reports to the Accounting Manager.
- Provide accounting support and monthly reporting for specific assigned areas.
- Complete daily/weekly/monthly tasks to ensure accurate and timely reporting.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and account reconciliations for more complex accounts.
- Review and process set ups/changes/terminations of customers.
- Handle invoicing, payments, and review of customer accounts.
- Coordinate with outsourced accounting team for Enterprise Payments segment and reconcile inter-company accounts.
- Assist internal and external business partners with requests and questions as needed.
- Prepare supporting documentation packages for more complex accounts.
- Conduct appropriate and thorough reviews of accounts and research variances as needed.
- Assist in the review and analysis of monthly and annual P&L activity for assigned areas.
- Adhere to the monthly closing calendar.
- Ensure internal control procedures are performed in accordance with job policy.
- Ability to stay focused and a high degree of attention to detail.
- Ability to perform well under pressure in an evolving FIN/TECH organization/environment.
- Advanced Excel skills (formulas, pivot tables) preferred.
- Comfortable asking questions and ability to work well with a mentor.
- Demonstrates consistency, flexibility and commitment to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates planning, task organizing and execution skills.
- Problem-solving, critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively deal with a variety of individuals.
- Strong customer service skills and desire to work with both internal and external customers at all levels.
- Support internal and external audit teams with audit requests.
- Comfortable in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s degrees in Accounting, Business, Finance, Economics or related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years work experience in Finance / Accounting.
- Knowledge of US GAAP and accounting best practices.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, with an emphasis on strong Excel skills.
- Experience using NetSuite or Intacct a plus.
- Experience with payments processing industry a plus.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Highly-Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- 401k Match
- PTO: Unlimited after year 1 (3 weeks to start)
- Education Expense Reimbursement
- Gym Membership Reimbursement