Senior Cloud Engineer/Team Lead
Job Title: Sr. Cloud Engineer/Team Lead
Reports to: VP, Cloud Platforms
Priority Technology Holdings is looking for a highly skilled/driven individual to join our growing team. This is a hands-on, highly technical position for a VMware expert who can dive deep, build complex and highly-optimized architectures. As the Senior Cloud Engineer/Team Lead, you will provide design, planning, implementation, technical support and administration for various platforms including Virtualization, Compute, Storage, backups, and monitoring in a multi datacenter environment. This person should have advanced knowledge of VMware technologies such as storage and networking. The job requires strong aptitude with multiple products in the VMware portfolio and evaluates, researches and strategically improves current solutions.
JOB FUNCTIONS & DUTIES:
- Diagnose and resolve complex Storage, virtualization, monitoring and hardware issues with minimal assistance or supervision.
- Manage and configure Storage Area Networks and Virtualization platforms?Monitor existing infrastructure hardware and software.
- Perform software, hardware and firmware upgrades.
- Identify events, alerts, or configurations that may have negative impact to the environment and resolve or escalate according to company polices.
- Recommend additions or changes to Storage, Virtualization, monitoring and Backup Infrastructure to enhance support of the business.
- Provide tier 3 support for team members and other support teams.
- Mentor fellow team members.
- After-hours support rotation and implementation as needed.
- Participate in Enterprise Storage, Virtualization and backup capacity planning and overall architecture.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline; or equivalent; with minimum 7 years, related experience.
- Expertise level of experience architecting, implementing, and supporting highly available enterprise infrastructures.
- Expertise level of experience in private cloud computing and Data Center virtualization using VMware (ESXi, vCenter, vRealize, NSX, Horizon), Cisco UCS, Dell, Pure, Brocade
- 10 years of experience with administration of VMware products, Windows Server OS and Linux OS
- Extensive experience with the following storage technologies and protocols: HBAs, SAN, Fiber Channel, NAS, and CIFS/NFS/iSCSI.
- In-depth understanding of DNS, TCP/IP, HTTP, DHCP, server virtualization, and Active Directory integration.
- Experience in a multi-site environment
- Experience with Automation/Orchestration technologies (vRO/Ansible), PowerShell, PowerCLI
- Demonstrated experience leading/managing a small group of engineers
NICE TO HAVES:
- Public Cloud experience a plus
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Highly-competitive salary
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Unlimited PTO after year 1
- 401k match
- Bonus structure
- Continuing education programs
- Gym membership reimbursement