Senior Data Engineer
Job Title: Senior Data Engineer
Reports to: Director of Data Science
In this role, you will be responsible for generating solutions that democratize data and information to customers and stakeholders, build tools that improve data literacy by lowering barriers to data entry, and work within multiple technologies, disciplines, and languages. We work directly with key stakeholders to produce a more effective feedback loop and drive project success.
JOB FUNCTIONS & DUTIES:
- Engineer and develop complex data processes in coordination with business stakeholders to solve critical financial and operational processes.
- Communicate with internal IT groups such as data infrastructure, data science, and database administration groups to increase efficiency and identify deficiencies within Priority’s data footprint.
- Develop ETL pipelines against traditional databases and distributed systems to allow our team to remain agile in data requirements, and to flexibly produce data back to the business and analytics teams for analysis.
- Work in an agile, fail fast environment directly with business stakeholders and analysts, while recognizing data reconciliation and validation requirements.
- Develop data solutions in coordination with development teams across a variety of products and technologies.
- Autonomously construct complex analytical ad-hoc queries and long term processes to build value-add views into data.
- Build processes that analyze and monitor data to help maintain data accuracy and completeness.
- Experience in Distributed systems, Data development at scale, SQL, ETL.
- Pyspark/ Scala spark, Jupyter Notebooks, Hive, SQL, Spark SQL, SSIS, NiFi.
- Unix experience preferred.
- Elasticsearch, Kafka, Neo4j, Tableau, Python, R Feature Engineering.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Highly-Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- PTO: Unlimited after year 1 (3 weeks to start)
- 401k match
- Bonus structure
- Education Expense Reimbursement
- Gym Membership Reimbursement