Job title: Senior Engineer
Reports to: Director of Software Development
We are looking for innovative and enthusiastic technologists with passion for writing high quality code to join our Engineering team. You will be part of a dynamic and talented technology global team delivering and supporting a Fin-tech product platform built with the latest technology stack to meet the growth needs of the business. As part of the engineering team, you will have the opportunity to work on a leading-edge technology solutions platform primarily on web and server-side applications. You will be working on solutions based on Node.js/.NET frameworks and modern UI frameworks. These are hosted on cloud-based infrastructure like AWS and a host of other cutting-edge enterprise strength technologies. You will be responsible for independently analyzing problems and providing solutions by leveraging technology that fits the best. Out of box thinking is expected. You will be collaborating with the Product, Quality and Operational teams to ensure the designed service is fully operational with streamlined process and procedures for ongoing support and maintenance.
Ensure high quality and timely delivery of products (50%):
Be a domain, product and process champion (20%):
- Writes high-quality code and implements software designs as defined in the requirements.
- Perform thorough self-code reviews and extensive unit testing to ensure a clean handover from development to QA.
- Review and plan for performance and security testing of the product to ensure a scalable product.
- Work with technical support and operation teams to ensure timely resolution of all production issues.
- Ensure timely delivery of assigned tasks based on estimates provided.
- Researching and Preparing detailed design documents for sprint deliverables working with Dev Leads.
- Working in sprint teams with PM/QA/Dev Leads to ensure timely delivery with high quality.
- Work with the Product communications team to ensure proper translation of the functionality into product release notes, admin and user guides etc.
Provide development leadership and delivery ownership (10%):
- Accurately record time spent on tasks.
- Communicates effectively with the development team and management.
- Maintain a positive attitude at work to ensure a high morale in the team.
- Aligns behaviors with core values of the company.
- Good communication skills and ability to work with global teams to define and deliver on projects.
- Ability to learn quickly and independently
- Works on software development initiatives of high scope/ complexity. Able to gather requirements, decompose into stories and deliver working software that solves the problem presented.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- A Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related software engineering discipline, or equivalent hands on training course.
- Strong in software development process, test driven development.
- Strong OO design skills/implementation of design patterns.
- Experience with Multithreading/Data Structures and Algorithms.
- Experience with AWS or other cloud-based solutions is highly preferred.
- Strong Development Skills and knowledge of basics like Enums, Annotations, Generics, Auto boxing, Loops, Rest APIs etc.
- Strong experience with Serialization, Synchronization, Concurrency, Reflection, Frameworks/ORM tools, Presentation Frameworks, Databases, Build and Release, Systems Integration, Agile.
- At least one of the following: .NET, NodeJS, React, React Native.
- Strong and innovative approach to problem solving and finding solutions.
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal, formal and informal).
- Flexible and proactive/self-motivated working style with strong personal ownership of problem resolution.
- Ability to multitask under pressure and work independently.
- Business knowledge in the financial services domain.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Highly-Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- 401k Match
- PTO: Unlimited after year 1 (3 weeks to start)
- Education Expense Reimbursement
- Gym Membership Reimbursement
Job Reference #: 1393