Settlement Accounting Analyst
Job Title: Settlement Accounting Analyst
Reports To: Director of Settlement
Location: Hicksville, NY
Requires analysis of daily cash activities including generating bank reports and journal entry preparation. Knowledge of industry trends, banking activities, and exposure to all aspects of the credit card industry including debt management, reconciliation of daily cash management and daily cash transfers; all outgoing and incoming merchant adjustments, Risk releases, Rolling reserve, cash advance, and all other dollar transactions within Settlement Banks.
JOB FUNCTIONS & DUTIES:
- Review Balance Sheet and P&L Account Activities.
- Perform Complex Balance Sheet and Bank reconciliations.
- Maintain monthly variance schedules and other supporting documents.
- Review daily entries for accuracy.
- Communicate with staff and inter-departments regarding accounting discrepancies.
- Review internal processes for enhancements and procedure documentation.
- Research and resolve inquiries pertaining to Merchant.
- Perform general accounting activities advanced insight and depth of understanding.
- Apply accounting techniques and standard practices to the classification and recording of financial transactions.
- Prepare daily & monthly journal entries, checking supporting entries to carryout well-defined steps in accounting analysis.
- As requested, prepare appropriate commentary or explanations relating to report items of particular interest or significance; may use some judgment as to what is of interest.
- Conducts any pertinent investigation of the accounts involved.
- Assist in year end audits.
- Minimum of Associates degree and 2 years bankcard experience.
- Solid working knowledge of Business, Operations, and Finance/Accounting within a credit card processing center.
- Basic knowledge of Accounting principles and functions.
- Ideal candidates must exhibit the ability to think “outside of the box”; the ability to work in a fast-paced environment; be detail-oriented with a high-level of accuracy; good organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates excellent accuracy and attention-to-detail.
- Must have good multi-tasking and problem solving skills.
- Possess strong leadership skills and work well in a team environment.
- Ability to work well with professionals at all management levels.
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Highly-Competitive Rate
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- PTO: Unlimited after year 1 (3 weeks to start)
- 401k Match
- Education Expense Reimbursement
- Gym Membership Reimbursement
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 1519