Sr. Cloud Engineer
Priority Payment Systems- Information Technology
Priority Payment Systems is looking for a highly skilled/driven individual to join our growing team. This is a hands-on, highly technical position for a VMware expert who can dive deep, build complex and highly-optimized architectures. As the Senior Cloud Engineer, you will provide design, planning, implementation, technical support and administration for various platforms including Virtualization, Compute, Storage, backups, and monitoring in a multi datacenter environment.
- Vast experience designing and deploying VMware solutions. This person should have advanced knowledge of VMware technologies such as storage and networking. The job requires strong aptitude with Distributed vSwitches, vMotion/svMotion, HA, load balancing, and evaluates, researches and strategically improves current solutions.
- Diagnose and resolve complex Storage and Virtualization, monitoring and hardware issues with minimal assistance or supervision.
- Manage and configure Storage Area Networks and Virtualization platforms
- Monitor existing infrastructure hardware and software.
- Perform software, hardware and firmware upgrades.
- Identify events, alerts, or configurations that may have negative impact to the environment and resolve or escalate according to company polices.
- Recommend additions or changes to Storage, Virtualization, monitoring and Backup Infrastructure to enhance support of the business.
- Provide tier 3 support for team members and other support teams.
- Mentor fellow team members.
- After-hours support rotation and implementation as needed.
- Participate in Enterprise Storage, Virtualization and backup capacity planning and overall architecture.
- Potential for Team Lead responsibilities
Qualifications Required (Skills)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline; or equivalent; with minimum 7+ years, related experience.
- Expert level with 7+ years of experience architecting, implementing, and supporting highly available enterprise infrastructures.
- Expert-level with 7+ years’ experience in private cloud computing and Data Center virtualization using VMware (ESXi, vCenter, vRealize, NSX) and Cisco UCS
- 10+ years of experience with server administration of VMware 5.x/6.x, Windows Server (2008 R2/2012 R2/2016)
- Extensive experience with the following storage technologies and protocols: HBAs, SAN, Fibre Channel, NAS, and CIFS/NFS/iSCSI.
- In-depth understanding of DNS, TCP/IP, HTTP, DHCP, server virtualization, and Active Directory integration.
- Experience in a multi-domain environment, preferably with sites across WAN connections.
- Experience with Automation/Orchestration technologies (vRA/vRO/Puppet), Powershell, PowerCLI
Job Status: Full Time