Sr. Platform Engineer
Priority Payment Systems- Information Technology
We are looking for a senior linux platform engineer to join their growing team. This position will ensure the reliability, stability, and availability of systems across a multi-datacenter environment.
- Support, manage, troubleshoot Big Data technologies (Elasticsearch, Kafka, Hadoop, Redis, MemSQL)
- Support and manage Docker/Kubernetes container platform, working directly with developers to implement new features and tooling.
- Collaborate across multiple teams to troubleshoot and resolve platform issues
- Assess utilization trends and make appropriate design and implementation recommendations to scale the architecture
- Minimum 10+ Years’ production experience with Linux (Red Hat or Centos preferred)
- Minimum 6+ Years’ experience in system programming. (Bash, Python, or Go preferred)
- Minimum 2+ Years’ experience supporting Kafka clusters.
- Minimum 4+ Years’ experience working in virtualized environments (VMware highly preferred)
- Minimum 4+ Years’ experience supporting development operations, including project coordination
- Minimum 2+ Years’ experience supporting Production Docker (Kubernetes highly preferred)
- Production Kubernetes experience
- Container overlay networking (Weave)
- Ingress controllers (Nginx preferred)
- On premises/roll your own
- Configuration management tools (puppet preferred)
- Experience with Git, Github, Bitbucket/Stash, etc.
- Building custom infrastructure support tools to automate production processes
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- ELK Stack (At scale/clustered)
- Hadoop (Hortonworks)
- Grafana / Prometheus / Monitoring
Job Status: Full Time