Sr. Product Manager
Priority Commercial Payments-PRCP
The Corporate Payments Senior Product Manager is responsible for guiding the strategic product direction of Priority Commercial Payments, focused on the virtual card / electronic Accounts Payable segment. The individual is responsible for the product road-map, development and implementation, opportunity identification, business case development, industry research, and new product introduction across the product set. Responsibilities include a strong focus on driving revenue, thought leadership, market support, and client experience.
- Articulate client needs across segment, and translate them into market leading products, features and services.
- Product management experience in B2B payments, especially virtual cards and electronic Accounts Payable
- Act as Product Owner in agile development process, submitting thorough user stories for development
- Maintain industry knowledge and enhance subject matter expertise, identify trends and changes in client and competitor behaviors, and keep abreast of changing regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate sales, marketing, product development, implementations and client support with vendor partners and other internal service partners.
- Work closely with senior and executive level management.
- Follow a cyclical process of financial review, forecasting, idea generation, opportunity sizing, business case preparation, product development, and commercialization.
- Build and develop consensus within the organization through frequent interaction with stakeholders including technology, operations, sales, marketing, legal/compliance and Fleet teams.
- Deliver training internally to convey an understanding of the products and client usage.
- Develop and maintain client-facing collateral and internal documentation to support sales and commercialization processes.
- Comply with and enforce company policies and procedures
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the payments industry with an emphasis on card products.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and quantitative skills.
- Strong communication skills. Must be able to create and conduct executive level presentations, present at industry events, and interface with clients as appropriate.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects/initiatives simultaneously and achieve targeted completion dates.
- A team player with proven ability to build strong collaborative relationships with internal and external partners including finance, technology, operations, sales, marketing, legal/compliance, fleet and vendors.
- Proven ability to assess and enhance product effectiveness and market receptiveness.
- Process improvement orientation. A proven ability to recommend solutions, champion change, manage implementation, influence others, and foster teamwork.
- Must know the basics of Microsoft Office and the Google Suite of products, including but not limited to email, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Must be organized.
- Highly professional demeanor and appearance.
- Must be able to resolve problems on a daily basis, handle conflict and make effective decisions under pressure.
- Must be able to to receive and analyze data.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the customer service field.
- High School diploma required.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree and industry experience preferred.
Traditional Physical Requirements
- Requires prolonged sitting, standing, bending, stooping and stretching.
- Requires ability to work in open concept office team environment where other team members are interacting.
- Ability to work until the necessary tasks are completed.
Job Status: Full Time