Job Title: Staff Accountant
Reports to: Controller (Acquisition)
Location: Hicksville or Alpharetta
The Staff Accountant is a key role within the consumer business at Priority, reporting to the Segment Controller. This position is responsible for calculating and processing commission payments, creating schedules and recording journal entries for month end close, preparing and reviewing monthly account reconciliations; as well as adhering to and confirming compliance with established internal control requirements.
JOB FUNCTIONS & DUTIES:
- Calculate, review and process monthly residual payments to independent sales offices and internal sales representatives.
- Create account payable bills for residuals and apply payments.
- Manage executive partners reserves accounts.
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations and resolve reconciling items timely.
- Work with Segment Controller on select projects.
- Support internal and external audit teams with audit requests.
- Bachelor’s degrees in Accounting, Business, Finance, Economics or related field.
- Minimum of 1-2 years work experience in Finance / Accounting.
- Knowledge of US GAAP and accounting best practices.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, with an emphasis on strong Excel skills.
- Experience using NetSuite or Intacct a plus.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Highly-Competitive Rate
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- 401k Match
- PTO: Unlimited after year 1 (3 weeks to start)
- Education Expense Reimbursement
- Gym Membership Reimbursement