Job Title: VDI Engineer
Reports to: Lead Cloud Engineer
Location: Alpharetta & Georgia (Remote)
Priority Technology Holdings is looking for a skilled/driven individual to join their growing team. As a VDI Engineer, you will ensure the reliability, stability, and availability of VDI systems in a 24/7 production environment. This position will be responsible for the administration, configuration, and maintenance of all such systems within a multi-site environment.
- Daily working of tickets. Moves/Adds/Changes for users, security groups, permissions, etc.
- Patching Horizon components on a monthly basis.
- Patching, testing and releasing base images on a monthly basis.
- Following ITIL like approval processes.
- Engage in a 2x/week meeting with the cloud team to talk about current/future work.
- Working on predetermined projects. This would typically entail keeping up with current versions of Horizon, surrounding peripherals components of Horizon, and implementing enhancements for the overall Horizon environment.
- Innovation - Thinking outside the box. This is where you would look for areas that you think improvements can be made, or changes to processes that can be done. Find a need, fill a need mentality.
- Self-training – Spend a portion of your time enhancing yourself and finding opportunities to grow.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 2-3 years of experience as a VMware Horizon VDI Engineer.
- Experience working interactively with business customers resolving day to day VDI related issues.
- Experience supporting and maintaining Horizon Connection Servers, Unified Access Gateways, AppVolumes, and DEM.
- Direct involvement over troubleshooting issues related to Horizon VDI components.
- Hands on experience supporting and maintaining Windows 10 operating system in a VDI environment.
- Hands-on experience maintaining Windows Server 2012R2 and later, preferably 2016 and above.
- Working knowledge of configuring and implementing AD group policies, DEM, DHCP, DFS, DNS.
- Hands-on experience with VMware vSphere 6.7 and later.
- Experience creating technical documentation.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- After-hours support rotation and implementation as needed.
- Experience with Linux.
- Experience with PowerShell.
- Experience with ControlUp.
- Providing 24/7 operational support for production environments.
- Experience upgrading and patching the Horizon and Windows environments to meet security, audit and business requirements.
- Experience with AWS Workspaces.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Highly-Competitive Rate
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- 401k Match
- PTO: Unlimited after year 1 (3 weeks to start)
- Education Expense Reimbursement
- Gym Membership Reimbursement