VP of Payment Operations
Job title: VP of Payment Operations
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Location: Alpharetta OR Remote
Provide strategy, technical expertise and management of payment operations.
Strategic Advisory & Department Level Management
- Analyze, create, and implement processes and procedures to continuously improve the quality, efficiency, and services of the department.
- Advise business and technology teams on backend / frontend operations.
- Provide guidance, coaching and team leadership for a team of approximately 20 FTE's.
- Have a clear understanding of settlement flows and cross system requirements for existing processes and new strategy requirements.
- Be the primary point of contact to research and provide guidance on requirements for all new payment initiatives.
- Have expert level knowledge of back end processor systems.
- Manage multiple settlement vendors, including TSYS, Fiserv, Paymentech, FIS, etc.
- Knowledge of FSP.
- Work on interchange / clearing / settlement operations.
- Make recommendations on pricing edits for Spring and Fall interchange releases.
- Manage dispute / chargeback programs.
- Manage ACH reject / collection programs.
- Work directly with sponsor banks.
- Engage directly with customers and internal stakeholders for support on systems related matters.
Process Oversight and Controls Implementation
- Ensure that proper policies, procedures, and internal controls are in place and followed as needed.
- Represent the payment operations department in internal and external audits.
- Ensure operational integrity of accounts and processes consistent with policies and procedures and legal regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that department activities are compliant with audit and risk management policies and regulations. Participate in managing and preparing responses to audit findings or other regulatory information requests in a timely and comprehensive manner.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 10 years of Payment operations management experience.
- 7 years of settlement experience.
- Strong knowledge of Payment regulations.
- Previous Management experience.
- Strong knowledge of interchange.
- Strong knowledge of frontend systems.
- Strong knowledge of backend systems (clearing / settlement).
- Strong knowledge of ACH env. / funding / rejects.
- Strong knowledge of dispute and chargeback rules and systems.
- Strong knowledge of TSYS and FD a big plus.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Highly-Competitive Salary
- Bonus Eligible
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- 401k Match
- Unlimited PTO after year 1 (3 weeks to start)
- Education Expense Reimbursement
- Gym Membership Reimbursement